We are looking for a pleasant, upbeat and energetic person to join our staff. Tasks will include: Library program planning and facilitation, program prep work, and providing coverage at the library circulation desk. Flexibility is a must and requires year round coverage during days, evenings and weekends.
Please submit resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 25th. *** No phone calls please.
Library Program Assistant ~ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
General Description: The Program Assistant will perform a broad range of tasks. Including, but not limited to the following; Public service work off and on the library premises, library planning and facilitation, program prep work, and providing coverage at the library circulation desk. Daily tasks will assigned by HPL Library Director.
This position requires a pleasant, upbeat and energetic personality coupled with creative and innovative thinking. The position requires an understanding of child and youth development, to be able to interact will age groups and possess a desire to further local community connections. Flexibility is a must for this position due to the small staff at the library and the hours that the library is open. This position requires year round coverage during days, evenings and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Planning and facilitating library sponsored programs/events monthly for children, youth and adults.
• In cooperation with the Director, assist in the development and preparation of new and innovative programs for the community.
• Organize and facilitate monthly book discussions.
• Working with the library staff to plan and facilitate the summer reading program.
• In cooperation with the Director, establish and maintain working relationships between the Library, town offices, schools, and other community organizations and members.
• Distribute program information to local agencies.
• Fill in as needed for library staff to cover vacations/sick time.
• Staffing Saturday Library hours, 9:00am-1:00pm, is required for this position.
• Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• To learn the general rules and policies of the library as stated in the HPL Policy handbook.
• To be helpful, cheerful and courteous with library patrons and communicate effectively, both orally and written.
• To make minor decisions in accordance with library policies and procedures while working independently.
• To work with limited supervision and also as part of a team.
• Able to manage time effectively.
• Knowledge of child & youth development.
• Ability to engage youth in community service and leadership activities.
• Ability to work with groups of all ages.
• Knowledge of the Highgate Community and local resources.
• Working knowledge of Publisher, Excel, Word and online databases necessary to preform job requirements.
• Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalency is required.
• At least 2 years of experience working with children and youth is preferred, but not required.
There are no benefits provided with this position
Please send your cover letter and resume by March 25th to:
Liza L. Comiskey
Highgate Public Library
Po Box 76
Highgate Center, Vermont 05459
**No phone calls please
Filed under: Uncategorized | Comments Off